Plan Before You Plant
When planting, follow these guidelines:
- Look up before you plant
- Consider how big the tree or vegetation will grow and what will be affected.
- Plant taller varieties furthest away from the powerlines using the planting guide above.
- Do not plant on streets without local council approval.
- Remember that access to powerlines is required for maintenance and repairs in the future
- Select plant species that are native to the area.
- Avoid plant species that could invade the surrounding environment.
- Plant away from the underground pits, pillar boxes and padmount transformers so roots don't become a problem.
- Essential Energy can provide guidance when planting. Local nurseries should also be consulted.
To operate a safe network, Essential Energy needs to clear trees when building new powerlines.
The width of the clearing zone is determined by the voltage of the power line:
|HV & LV ABC
|240V to 22kV bare
|33kV to 66kV bare