As a customer of Essential Energy, you should expect our employees and contractors to be honest and act with integrity. If you believe that an employee or contractor of Essential Energy has been, is being, or will be involved in corrupt or unethical behaviour, you may report the matter by phoning Essential Energy's Report Corruption line on 1800 808 322 or completing the online form below. Alternatively, if you have a complaint about Essential Energy’s customer service then please contact 13 23 91.
- Completion of your personal details on the Report Corruption form is optional. Fields marked with an ‘*’ are mandatory.
- Messages transmitted by email can be intercepted, traced or recorded by others. In particular NSW government agencies have the right to monitor and access their workplace email systems. Essential Energy cannot guarantee the privacy, confidentiality and anonymity of any information sent by email.
- If you wish, you can complete and print out this form and forward it by mail to:
PO Box 5730,
Port Macquarie NSW 2444
- Essential Energy will treat all information in the strictest confidence unless required to disclose it by law.
- If you need further information explaining ethical behaviour or the reporting of corrupt or unethical conduct, or you are an employee or contractor of Essential Energy, please read the current Essential Energy Code of Ethics and/or the Statement of Business Ethics which is available on the on our corporate policies page.
- The Chief Executive Officer is obliged to report matters to the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) where he reasonably suspects that a public official has, is, or will be engaged in corrupt activity. If the activity amounts to a criminal offence it will also be referred to the police. Activities amounting to maladministration may be referred to the NSW Ombudsman, and activities amounting to serious and substantial waste may be referred to the NSW Auditor-General.