Our work experience program provides engineering students with some great hands on experience over the summer university break.
How our program works
You will be engaged by Essential Energy in paid work to gain the practical experience required of your degree studies. You’ll be putting the theory you have learnt at university into practice by helping out on our engineering projects within the electrical supply industry.
What are we looking for?
- Talented and energetic individuals to join us in our engineering works across our broad Electricity Supply Asset Management business
- Studying Electrical or Civil Engineering Honours Degree
- For electrical students, a genuine interest in power engineering
- You will need to be post the completion of your 2nd year in study
- Good grades and able to provide university transcripts of your academic results
- Holder of a NSW White Card (General Construction Induction Card)
- Be an excellent communicator and team player
- A permanent Australian Resident
- As most positions will be based in Port Macquarie, able to source accommodation for the period of engagement
If you’re interested in this opportunity to work with Australia’s biggest electricity distribution network provider fill in an expression of interest.