Safety advice for the construction industry
When it comes to construction, Essential Energy can provide safety advice for people who operate:
- Tip trucks
- Cranes or high machinery
- Under boring/trenching machinery
- Civil construction machinery
We also provide advice for trade people.
With all work safety, use these steps as a guide:
- Spot any hazards and consider the work to be done.
- Assess the risks from these hazards. What are the possible outcomes?
- Fix the problem so it's safe to commence work.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the solutions you have put in place. Do they work and how well?
- Never use tools or appliances with damaged power cords.
- Don't use power tools in wet or damp areas.
- Make sure you wear proper footwear at work. An electric shock is more likely to be fatal if you're working with bare feet.
- When digging or excavating, ensure you know the location of all underground powerlines.
Click on the downloadable documents below to find out more about safety in construction.