Vegetation Officers are responsible for inspecting and auditing vegetation adjacent to the electricity network to:
- Reduce the potential harm to people, damage to property or the local environment.
- Minimise tree related power outages and
- Assist in the prevention of potential bushfires by reducing the incidences of branches contacting powerlines.
What do you learn and what qualifications will you gain?
You will have access to the latest training to ensure your skills and knowledge are at the forefront of the industry, completing a Certificate III Arboriculture comprising of subjects in tree Identification, ground based tree defect evaluation, falling trees, work, health and safety, working safely near live electrical apparatus to provide you with the strongest foundation to power your career.
You will work in a team of highly skilled and qualified Arborists who are passionate about working to keep Vegetation away from the Electricity Network. You will gain invaluable on the job training in the areas of auditing, pruning techniques, vegetation management systems and negotiation skills.
Safety is the number one priority at Essential Energy, and to ensure you are kept safe you will be supervised in every aspect of your work while being mentored and taught safe work practices.
What skills will you acquire?
- Utility Vegetation Management
- Contractor Management
- Influencing, negotiation, conflict management and resolution
- ICT hardware and business system
- General knowledge of the electrical network
What are the requirements for eligibility?
You will be a team player, enjoy working outdoors and be motivated to learn a trade. It is a preference that successful applicants hold a drivers licence as you are required to drive to training locations.
A Vegetation Traineeship is a three year program - a combination of structured training with Essential Energy’s Technical Training Team and on the job experience.