Our 2019 "Be a Safety Star" Poster Competition is now open!
WIN a $1,000 donation to your school P&C Association.
This year a winner will be chosen from each of these three primary school categories; K-2, 3-4 and 5-6.
1. Simply have your students create or design their own electricity safety message. Here are our five top electricity safety tips to help get started. Remember we are looking for original, creative and inspiring electricity safety messages!
- Stay at least 8 metres away from fallen powerlines
- Keep away from overhead powerlines
- Use electrical appliances safely and correctly
- Never play on electrical equipment or trees near powerlines
- Keep electrical appliances away from water.
2. Design a poster
- Ask your students to record their safety message and design a poster using the template on the USB provided in the resource pack or available here
- Remind your students to fill out their name, school and year at the bottom of the poster template.
3. Submit your entry
- Fill out the class entry form (one per class) including the 25 words or less description – available here
- Email a colour scan of the posters and completed entry form to:
- Mail the posters and completed entry form to:
“Be a Safety Star” Poster Comp
PO Box 5730, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
Entries close Friday, 27 September 2019. Each student will receive a small gift for entering.