Our Community Support Program aims to give back to the local halls that make up the social fabric of regional, rural and remote NSW and provide a valuable venue for the provision of localised services for their surrounding areas.
Delivering best value to our customers has to be balanced with providing direct, local support to the communities we service across regional, rural and remote NSW. It’s part of our ongoing commitment to partnering with the local communities where we live and work as we operate and maintain one of Australia’s largest electricity distribution networks.
Through the program, eligible halls will receive a $200 donation (GST exclusive) to put towards general maintenance costs for the hall. There will be one application period per year which will be open for approximately six weeks.
To receive notification about the next Community Support application dates in 2018, please sign-up for an email alert.
Community Support Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible, your hall must:
- Be located within Essential Energy’s network area;
- Be a not-for-profit, non-commercial hall used by the general community and is being used for multiple events and by multiple groups;
- Be used by community groups for community functions/events, scouts/guides, meetings, sports, service groups (e.g. CWA, Rotary, and Apex) and other community activities;
- Be able to receive payment via EFT; and
- Must provide your NMI (National Meter Identifier is a unique number assigned to the hall’s meter and is listed on the energy bill).
Halls are not eligible if they:
- Are located outside of Essential Energy’s network area;
- Receive recurring government grants (such as SES, RFS and VRA halls);
- Are the sole responsibility of local, State or Federal Government;
- Do not reflect Essential Energy’s values;
- Involve any type of unlawful activity;
- Involve gambling, betting or gaming;
- Support political and/or religious organisations;
- Present a safety risk to the community;
- Denigrate, exclude or offend minority community groups;
- Create environmental hazards;
- Do not reflect community standards;
- Have narrow community involvement;
- Only support or benefit an individual; or
- Have or may have any perceived conflict of interest.
Approval is at the complete discretion of Essential Energy.
For more information
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org