At Essential Energy we look after the poles and wires that deliver electricity to 95 per cent of regional, rural and remote NSW and parts of southern Qld.
The electricity we deliver powers the homes, hospitals, schools, businesses and services that form our communities.
But we’re more than poles and wires. We’re also about empowering local groups who contribute so much to their communities and that’s why we’ve launched our Essential Communities Program, which provides funding opportunities to community groups across our network area.
Community Hall Program
Our Community Hall Program will form a part of Essential Communities – with the purpose of giving back to the local halls that make up the social fabric of regional, rural and remote NSW and provide a valuable venue for the provision of localised services for their surrounding areas.
Through the program, eligible halls will receive $200 (GST exclusive) in support to put towards general maintenance costs. There will be one application period per year.
Applications for the 2018 Community Halls Program open 9am, Wednesday 8 August 2018 and close 5pm, Sunday 23 September 2018.
Community Hall Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible, your hall must:
- Be located within Essential Energy’s network area
- Be a not-for-profit, non-commercial hall used by the general community and is being used for multiple events and by multiple groups
- Be used by community groups for community functions/events, meetings and other community activities
- Be able to receive payment via EFT only (Council bank accounts are eligible)
- Provide your NMI (National Meter Identifier is a unique number assigned to the hall’s meter and is listed on the energy bill provided by your electricity retailer)
- Provide content such as photos, videos and commentary about the stories happening in the hall by the requested date outlined in the acceptance letter
- Provide a photo, scan or pdf of a deposit slip or bank account header (with financial details covered) showing the BSB and account name and account number for the group or hall along with their application form
Please note: halls run by Council Section 355 Committees are eligible, however Councils are not eligible apply.
Halls are not eligible if they:
- Are located outside of Essential Energy’s network area
- Located on school, showground or church grounds
- Are the sole responsibility of Local, State or Federal Government
- Receive recurring government grants (such as SES, RFS and VRA halls)
- Provide personal bank account details
- Do not reflect Essential Energy’s values
- Involve any type of unlawful activity
- Involve gambling, betting or gaming
- Solely support political and/or religious organisations
- Present a safety risk to the community
- Denigrate, exclude or offend minority community groups
- Create environmental hazards
- Do not reflect community standards
- Have narrow community involvement
- Only support or benefit an individual
- Have or may have any perceived conflict of interest
- Fail to provide content such as photos and commentary about the stories happening in the hall – halls will be ineligible to apply in the following year if this is not provided by the requested date
Approval is at the complete discretion of Essential Energy. Applicants who receive the Community Hall funding agree to Essential Energy sharing the groups’ story and the publishing of associated content and photos.
How to apply
Complete the online application form. Please ensure that you review the application criteria in detail. Applicants will be advised of the outcome by the end of November 2018.
If you require a hard copy version of the application form please contact Sylvia Maré, Corporate Marketing Specialist on 02 6589 8865.
For more information
Please email email@example.com
We have more exciting things on the way for Essential Communities, with other streams of funding available in the future.
To stay up to date with the Essential Communities program simply fill in the Essential Communities notification form. We will keep you informed through email alerts as details on the program are released.